SAFETY FIRST – WE DON’T JUST SAY THIS, WE DO IT.
The health and safety of your workforce is important to you, and it’s important to us. Tropical diseases such as Malaria are problematic in many African countries, however many of these diseases are preventable.
We believe that all inhabitants of remote camps should be educated on prevalent tropical diseases and the preventative measures that need to be taken. We undertake, as part of camp life, to provide regular education and awareness campaigns. In this way, the risks of contracting diseases and becoming ill can be vastly reduced.
All our employees receive comprehensive health and safety training as well as specific training in their area of responsibility, be it, housekeeping, sanitation, pest control, cleaning, food storage and handling or food preparation.
Our food safety manual has been developed to:
- Meet the requirements of the ISO 22000:2005 standard
- Meet the HACCP requirements. We comply with all relevant legislation and industry standards and our HSE and Quality management systems are registered and independently certified for the following standards:
- ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management System
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System
- ISO 22000:2005 Food Safety Management System
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System
View our policies below:
IFS run Health and Safety awareness campaigns for our workforce, clients and local communities. These campaigns include:
Malaria, Tuberculosis, Diabetes and Aids awareness campaigns.
IFS Malaria cases have dropped by a whopping 70%!
Safety starts at home, and we practice HSEQ measures at our work homes – both on remote sites and at our offices.
With weekly safety talks; safety awareness programmes and even our own mascot, Simon, we keep safety at the core of every decision we make.
We present over 16,300 Toolbox talks a year
EDUCATION IS KEY
As part of our Training initiatives, we have a comprehensive video library of all of our training. It is vital that our workforce understand the correct and safe way to do their job correctly, so we speak to them in their own languages. Our training videos are available in English, Portuguese, Swahili and French.
75% of the Group staff complement received training last year